Thursday, July 18, 2019

How bad is it to miss the past?

The past belongs in the past people often say. How about if the past brings you happiness, joy, a feeling of great achievement and adventures. Does that automatically mean that you are not enjoying the present?
I often find my self flipping trough old pictures, notes, maybe cards even and reminiscing. Is this an old lady habit? No it can't be I am just 33 but yet I miss maybe the younger me. The care free Cata, the one that danced and talked until 5 AM and then woke up at 7 AM still thinking of the stimulating conversation from a few hours ago.
I feel that when you become a mom (yes, I am one now) you are suppose to forget a part of yourself. First of all you lose time, there is no way to have any free time but you also lose part of that spontaneity and all of a sudden you are expected - to give up anything that made you who you are . I miss traveling so much. It was so much part of my life for so many years, I feel like a fish out of water that gets a little water poured every now and then, enough to keep breathing but not to actually swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment